Chai Tea Spritzer
Our friends over at Olive and Artisan (http://www.oliveandartisan.com/chai-tea-spritzer/) published this recipe for a cool Chai Tea Spritzer – with Bourbon – woo hoo! And, we love the chai sugar part, too.
This is a definite, must-try!
Yields 6-8 servings.
- 1 cup all natural sugar
- 1tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2tsp. ground cardamom
- 2tsp. ground ginger
- 1tsp. ground cloves
- 1tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4 China Mist Masala Chai Sachet Bags
- 3 cups ginger ale (2 bottles)
- Bourbon to taste, optional
- || Chai Sugar || Mix sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves and nutmeg together in a small bowl.
- Boil 4 cups of hot water and add tea bags. Add ½ cup chai sugar to the tea and mix until dissolved. Let the tea get lukewarm before removing the tea packets and placing in the fridge to chill for one hour.
- Rim 6 glasses with an orange slice and dip in the chai sugar.
- Add 3 cups ginger ale to the tea and pour over ice.
- To make an adult libation, add one cup bourbon and drink responsibly.