Honey Cake Infused with Black Tea
Now, this recipe from @SeasonofBaking was just too good to skip! And, to elevate the fun-factor, it’s made in a beehive shaped pan!
Our Breakfast Blend black tea is just right to infuse some great tea flavor in this flavorful cake.
Ingredients – Cake
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2-3 bags of your favorite China Mist Black Tea
Ingredients – Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-2 bags of your favorite China Mist Black Tea
- Preheat oven to 350oF and coat your bee-shaped cake pan (or any cake pan – the bee shape is just too cute, though!) with butter to ensure an easy release.
- Place your softened butter in a stand mixer and blend until the butter is smooth.
- Add light brown sugar and honey to the bowl. Mix together until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla and egg.
- Place flour, salt, baking powder, and cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk together to bring all of the ingredients together.
- Pour milk into a small saucepan. Start to heat the milk over medium heat, whisking frequently to make sure milk does not burn. Once hot, place tea bags in the milk and allow to brew for about 3-5 minutes depending on how strong you’d like your tea. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Place half of the dry ingredients and 1/2 cup of the cooled milk into the batter. Mix together until smooth. Repeat with the remaining dries and another 1/2 cup of cooled milk, mixing until everything just comes together.
- Pour the batter into the bee cake pan and bake for 48-50 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- While the cake is cooking, place the cup of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add tea bags and allow to brew for 3-5 minutes depending on how strong you’d like your tea!
- Add the honey and sugar to the saucepan and whisk together. Continue to cook until slightly reduced. Remove syrup from the stove and allow it to cool.
- This cake is best served warm! Once the cake is removed from the oven, brush the syrup over the cake with however much you want!