When the holiday frazzle starts to creep in, we love turning to our trusty teas to bring the mood back to festive. These three simple preparations give you a great way to enjoy your teatime while treating yourself…and adding a little adult indulgence, if you’re so inclined.
Chamomile Hot Toddy
Adding a little calming chamomile takes the traditional toddy to a new level of tea-loving sophistication. (Makes 1 serving)
- 1/4 cup China Mist Sweet Herbs with Chamomile Tea, brewed as you prefer
- 1 oz whiskey or bourbon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Lemon wheel, for garnish (optional)
Add the whiskey or bourbon, lemon juice, and honey to brewed tea and stir until the honey dissolves. Garnish with fresh lemon.
Mulled Apple Ginger Hibiscus Tea
What could be better than mulled cider? This! (Makes 2 servings)
- 12 ounces apple cider
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 China Mist Hibiscus Ginger Tea Sachets
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 ounce of rum (optional)
- Heat cider in a small saucepan to boiling.
- Put hibiscus tea bags, ginger, and cinnamon stick into an infuser and place into your favorite teapot.
- Pour the hot cider over the tea bags.
- Add orange juice and rum if using.
- Allow to steep for 4-6 minutes.
- Remove infuser and serve.
Perfect for chilling by the fireplace or after a chilly walk in the snow. Chai meets Irish Coffee in this delicious riff on two classic warmers. (Make as many as you like…this one is simple.)
- China Mist Chai Tea
- Bailey’s Irish Cream – one shot per serving (or as much as you like)
- Milk of your choice (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks and star anise
- Brew a pot of China Mist Chai Tea to your liking and pour it into mugs.
- Instead of milk and honey, top each mug with a generous shot of Irish Cream. (If you like it milkier than you get with the Bailey’s alone, add in some milk.)
- For the finishing touch, slip in a cinnamon stick or two and float a couple of star anise on the tea for a fancy and delightful presentation.
Cheers and here’s to a wonderful holiday season!